Thursday, October 31, 2019
by Super User
- Children should trick-or-treat during daylight hours.
- Children should never be allowed to go out alone on Halloween.
- Children should never eat any treats until they have been examined.
- All fruit should be cut and and closely examined before eating.
- Advise children that they should never enter strangers' homes.
- Never invite children into your home.
- Children should never accept rides from strangers.
- Children should never take shortcuts through backyards or alleys.
- Set a specific time limit for your children to be out on Halloween night.
- Give wrapped homemade treats only to children you know.
- Instruct children not to stray from their group.
- A responsible adult should escort children while trick-or-treating.
- Adult escorts should carry flashlights.
- Don't leave your home unattended on Halloween night.
- Keep pets inside your home or another safe place on Halloween night.
- Children should walk, not run, during their trick-or-treat activities.
- Parents should know what route their children will be taking.
- All costumes should be made of light-colored, fireproof material.
- Children should wear proper fitting, comfortable costumes and shoes.
- Props such as toy guns or swords should be made of pliable material.
- Realistic replica firearms should never be used.
- Masks should not be worn if they impair vision.
- Wigs should be fireproof and should not restrict vision.
- Children should always use sidewalks, not the street, for walking.
- Children should look in all directions before crossing the street.
- Motorists should drive slowly, yield to young pedestrians and watch out for Trick-or-Treaters darting into the street.